PictureNations Church: Ethiopian, Iranian, Korean, & American.
The Lord is doing some amazing things here in Houston!  We now have a Korean family--Jonathan and Amy and their 3 children who will be partnering with us to start a new church. They currently live about 40 minutes away but will be moving to our neighborhood hopefully in July or August.  Please keep this sweet family in your prayers. They are a gift from the Lord and share our vision of seeing a multi-ethnic church started in Southwest Houston.

Jonathan was in Buddy's doctoral seminar class he went to a few weeks ago at New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary.  He said that when Buddy shared with the class his vision for starting a network of 50 churches over the next 20 years, he felt the Lord was giving him a "Macedonian Call" to come and be a part of the work!  Praise the Lord!

A second family that came this week was a precious family from Ethiopia!  Ashley started a new job this past  week at a law firm here in Houston. She arrived early last Thursday and was having her quiet time in her car before she went in to work.  A man was in his car next to her. When she got out, he rolled down his window and said, "I saw you reading your Bible. I am reading mine too!" Ashley asked where he was from and he said, "Ethiopia!  This meeting is very Biblical isn't it!"  You may recall the story of Phillip and the Ethiopian in Acts. :)   Ashley was was able to invite him to our home for worship and he came yesterday with his wife and two children!  He is passionate about sharing his faith and we rejoice that the Lord has added another family to our little group. The picture above was taken this past Sunday.

Please continue to pray for us!  The Lord is so faithful to build HIS church.  We are grateful to play a small part in that!

Thank you for your partnership with us in the ministry here in Houston! Here are a few things we would appreciate your prayers for this week:
*Pray for Melanie as she has an interview on Friday, March 27th for an ESL teaching position.  Pray that the Lord will open this door if this is where he wants her to work.
*To help provide for our family,  Buddy is hoping to have several classes of piano students. Please pray that these classes will form in the next couple of weeks.
*Praise the Lord that He has provided jobs for Ashley, Adam, and Masuod!  (Ashley as a legal assistant at a law firm, Adam as a team leader at Chick-Fil a and Masuod as a cashier at Popeye's Chicken)
*Pray for us to be able to make connections with our neighbors that will give us opportunities to share our faith.
*Ask the Lord to continue to praise up prayer and financial supporters who will be  part of the ministry here.  If you are interested in financially supporting our ministry, please email us  at buddybrents@gmail.com and we can share more of how you can be  part of this ministry!
*Pray that our family will be a witness in all that we do!

Thank you all for your prayers!!  Please let us know how we can be praying for you as well!

For His Glory,
Buddy, Melanie, Ashley, Adam, Masuod, and Avery

Comments

08/25/2016 2:23pm

It is good to go for prayers in the church after a week because it sure helps you to keep your mind fresh. This photo makes me feel that you have been to prayer after a long time.

04/07/2017 6:25am

I came from a very traditional household, but my siblings are the only one who is member of church organizations. Sometimes, they have meetings or band practice in our house, I watch them how they manage it. It makes me feel weird at some period. But seeing them serve the Lord is something special, there are a great deal of things changed, like their perspective in life and how they value our family. It's good to receive your family be Christ Centered at least in that way they will know what are the pleasing things in God's eyes.

06/24/2017 11:37pm

Having a great place to stay with all the people who believe in God is really amazing! I think that God purposely bind you all together to share and inspire each other through his words. I actually admire all those people like you and your team for giving time to our God Almighty. I respect all of you for showing how much you love God and how he changed your life. I believe that God has a purpose for all of you and I know that he will give you all blessings you deserve in life. I wish that your little family will grow bigger as time goes by.

09/04/2016 9:09pm

I will definitely pray for you and your group. It is hard to find religious groups nowadays. We do have a religious organization at school and we organize events for kids who live in orphanages and people from the Home for the aged. We also have prayer groups and anyone can join us. I hope that our organization would get to help more people and people would be encouraged to join the organization.

02/01/2017 10:48am

I wish I could visit this meeting! I hope I will be able to visit the next one.

02/02/2017 12:33am

I hope I could join your group. I will definitely pray for all of you. Nowadays it is hard to find a spiritual family that will really help you to grow on your faith. It am blessed to see how you value each and everyone in your group. I hope all of you grow more in your relationship with the Lord. May the Lord continue to bless everyone of you.

02/02/2017 3:48am

What a great blog. Its inspirational and mouthwatering all at the same time.

02/02/2017 3:49am

Totally agree with your insights. In today's internet generation, the only way to get an edge in the market out there is to be visible using any other techniques know to men to be able to get the connection in the online community!

06/16/2017 4:57am

Great law related firm. You doing a great job. I really appreciate your work.